A frittata is a type of Italian omelet – you can add almost anything to the eggs. It is also delicious eaten cold and makes an ideal “Grab and Go” snack.
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
¾ cup ground turkey
½ cup black beans, cooked
1 tomato, diced
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
½ cup Feta cheese
Sea salt, to taste
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil in a skillet. Add the turkey, and let cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add spinach, black beans and tomato and continue to cook until the spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Break eggs into a bowl and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Beat lightly and stir inonion and spinach mixture, parsley and basil.
- Place just enough olive oil in a skillet to coat the bottom, add egg mixture, and cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes until the eggs have almost set and the underside of the frittata is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and place a lid over the pan until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.