Grilling Season is upon us and here is a flip to your everyday thoughts for the grill.
“Ba-zynga!” If you love the texture and crunch of a great steak, then this recipe, my friend, has got your name all over it. You can even use Vegan Worcestershire Sauce for added “zynga” or whatever spice mixture tickles your taste buds.
Recipe By Chef Colombe
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Dill Spice Mix and Lemon
2 large cauliflower heads
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons, zest and juiced
2 garlic cloves, grated
¼ cup Dill Spice Mix
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup Horseradish Dill Dip
¼ cup cilantro leaves, freshly chopped
Lemon wedges to serve
- Remove the leaves on each cauliflower head and trim the stem end until you can set the cauliflower flat on the cutting board. Use a large, sharp knife to trim off the sides, and then cut the cauliflower into 3–4 thick “steaks.” Reserve the florets that fall away for another recipe.
- Whisk the olive oil with lemon juice in a small bowl. Next, whisk grated garlic into olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest, Dill Spice Mix, and salt.
- Heat indoor grill to high. Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with olive oil mixture and sprinkle generously with the Dill Spice Mix. Place seasoned side down on hot grill. Brush tops with olive oil mixture and season with spice mix.
- Close grill and cook for 5–8 minutes. Remove lid and carefully flip cauliflower. Cook covered for an additional 5 minutes or until done to your desired texture.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy with Horseradish Dill Dip.
Tip: final cooking time will depend on how thick you cut the steaks and your particular grill. I cook mine on high heat until well grilled on the outside, but still a bit tender on the inside. You may also like using some of the other seasoning mixes. I also enjoy these steaks with Yogurt Dill Dip.